A cross discipline mindset is a must.
You should be
- Comfortable working in a *nix environment.
- Eager to learn new tools, techniques, languages, and technologies.
- Passionate about making a difference to the world.
- Able to contribute to system architecture and design.
- Able to debug non-trivial application code.
- Able to write clear, concise source-code documentation, unit and integration tests.
- Able to think beyond code to architecture and user experience.
- Able to communicate and coordinate within a team.
Nice but not required:
- B.Tech in CS, with strong product development experience.
- Prior experience with e-commerce or web application development.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Understanding of scope, closures, callbacks, prototypical inheritance, and asynchronous programming techniques.
- Experience with mysql and/or nosql databases, memcached, nginx.
- Experience with dynamic languages (Python, Ruby).
- Experience with git.
- Familiarity with unit testing, integration testing, and test-driven development.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Bootstrap etc.
If you fit the bill and are interested, write to us at email@example.com with Tech in the subject line. Work experience is not a must - freshers with an exceptional track record can apply as well.